You know that feeling like you want to just head out to a cabin in…
If you want to be a writer, you want to be writing for the rest of your life. As someone who’s had to wear a wrist brace and endure the bowling jokes of co-workers, I implore you to set yourself up as well as you can afford to from the get-go. If all else fails, I’ve used a crate as a “stand up desk” option, and you can to if need be.
Sitting is the new smoking, standing is the new kale.
- Electric standing desks can rise up with a push of a button.
- This portable standing desk seems like a great option for a tiny apartment.
- Anti-fatigue mat. These mats are lovely for your feet, and the contours let you stretch your calves.
Accessories to have:
- Your laptop will never be at eye level unless you have a stand for it. If you like to work in cafes, this one fits in your backpack. Of course, you’ll also need an external keyboard and mouse if you use it.
- An ergonomic keyboard that is angled for your hands is wonderful for your wrists. Get one for home and on the go.
- If you have an external monitor, make sure it’s at eye level with a riser.